Skip to main content

Blog Post #3

Good Afternoon!
This has been an incredibly busy week for my genius hour project and for my google site because we are getting down to last couple days of class! We listened to a brief story called "It's Not a Box!" and I got to create my own page of this story, we are collaborating them with the rest of our classes. It was a great final touch to a great course! We also had the opportunity to create a stop motion animation, which was actually a lot of fun considering it had never crossed my mind in attempting. If you would like to give it a try, all you need is to go to google slides and check out how to speed up the distance between the slides and you're good to go! Here it is!

Finally, this week on my blog you will be able to find my "Ted Talk: A Girl Trying to Stay on Track". If you would be interested in seeing how my journey happened, take a look on my Ted Talk page!

Last week my goal of running 5 days, and yoga for 1 day was a success! I did not feel too exhausted by the end of the week as I did during the first week of school. I am planning on keeping up with my fitness routine with a little more focus on stretching after each run. Last week I made Salmon, rice at the beginning of the week and baked sweet potato for the end of the week! It was delicious especially salmon with lemon on top, and sweet potatoes are delightful! I also made healthy cookie dough balls, AMAZING! Next week Im making Fail Proof Marinara sauce from my "Oh She Glows" cookbook with extra lean ground beef, penne noodles and Vanilla Super seed granola with toasted coconut chips (from the same cookbook) for a snack to munch on. I will also continue making my usual snacks including veggies, hard boiled eggs, crackers, cheese and so on. My to-do lists have been very beneficial in keeping me organized and stress free because I never feel like I am forgetting something. I also make sure that I write down or put all homework for each class in my notes that day and write them down when I get home on one piece of paper, followed by writing them in my planner on the due date. My sleep has been improving finally! Removing technology 30 min before bed has been one of the best things that I could have done. I instead chose to read a book (that isn't school related), which allows me to free my mind and produce more melatonin. I am almost at 8 hours at night, which is something I would love to accomplish! Not using technology right before bed is a wondrous thing and I wish I had made myself do this earlier.

       
This slide show can take you through my meal prep,
grocery list for last week and my to-do's list!


 
Childs, K., & Weatherbie, E. (2016). Made with love: more than 100 sweet and savory plant-based recipes for every moment in life. Canada: Appetite by Random House.
Liddon, A. (2017). Oh she glows everyday: quick and simple satisfying plant-based recipes. London: Michael Joseph.

Comments