Skip to main content

Blog Post #1


Hello there!
During genius hour this week I was able to expand my skills with technology! I freshened up my twitter page, I learned how to use Powtoon to explain what "Genius Hour" is and I created a movie trailer on iMovie based on my Genius Hour Ted talk. To watch my movie trailer you can follow this link A Girl Trying to Stay on Track Trailer or check out my movie trailer page! I could say I feel very accomplished so far in this class, although some lessons have have gone right over my head. I did have some difficulty with iMovie trying to add music, but after about an hour I figured it out! I also am having trouble with my blog because some pages are showing and some pages aren't! I feel like i've tried it all so I will have to wait until next class to get some clarification!
Butternut Squash Soup,
YUM!
 09/08/19-09/14/19
Grocery List
In relation to my topic for this week, I had a wonderful 8km morning run this morning before it got too warm. In relation to my meal prep I was looking up some beneficial tips on How to Meal Prep. For example, making a grocery list ahead of time, and planning out the duration it takes to make each component to plan accordingly. On Sunday I prepared chocolate almond protein bites for a tasty and healthy treat and I made a butternut squash soup. Both were recipes from my Made with Love cookbook. With the soup I paired it with a grilled cheese or a delicious ciabatta bun! Some other snacks I prepared are hard boiled eggs and cheese and crackers. I was prepared for the week with food! I am about to make a list of things I need to accomplish this week and a rough schedule for tomorrow. For my genius hour this week I figured out some new recipe ideas that I'm looking forward to trying out this Sunday. That are from my Oh She Glows cookbook. An example of what I found is a chickpea, sweet potato, coconut curry that would pair nicely with rice or quinoa! I also have researched some useful organization tactics to reduce my stress and keep me on top of my game this year. Some of these ideas include preparing for the next day the night before to reduce the need for speed in the morning. It has been working so far! I also am working on preparing breakfast the night before my Tuesday and Thursday, 8am classes because I don't get a break until 2:00pm. This allows me to be more energetic and to ensure I am eating enough throughout the day.

Before next Genius Hour I need to figure out how to increase the amount of sleep I get, when I look at the records on my fit bit I average about 7 hours. It gets me through the day but I could absolutely function better with a little more. I need to research healthy ways to gain weight as well. In relation to my organization, I will keep on doing what I can with my organization, meal prepping and completing all assignments and readings! There are lots of ways to make these tasks enjoyable such as meal prepping with friends or dancing a long to some feel good music as you're preparing! I hope you all have a wonderful weekend!
Socially last week my roommates and I went for dinner for Sushi at Seasons, and we went on some lovely walks together. I made new friends in this program and had some tea and coffee dates around classes! So far so good!



Petre (2018). How to Meal Prep-A Beginners Guide. Retrieved from. https://www.healthline.com/nutrition/how-to-meal-prep
Childs, K., & Weatherbie, E. (2016). Made with love: more than 100 sweet and savory plant-based recipes for every moment in life. Canada: Appetite by Random House.
Liddon, A. (2017). Oh she glows everyday: quick and simple satisfying plant-based recipes. London: Michael Joseph.

Comments